Your workforce is your biggest asset and the array of services we can provide, at little to no cost to you, ensures you are recruiting, screening, assessing, and training your employees effectively. Whether you are a new employer to North Carolina, or a well-established business with deep roots, our staff will work closely with you to get to know your unique business needs so that we can make recommendations and help you create a plan for moving forward.
In addition to helping you find and retain talent, we can help you make sense of the latest Labor Market Information for our region and state, and help you understand how your business and industry is being affected. Timely labor market data and information, along with an explanation of the trends, can make a significant difference in the day-to-day operations of your organization.
NCWorks Career Center Staff can travel to your place of business to consult with you and provide services, and they can also guide you to the wealth of resources available through NCWorks Career Centers and NCWorks Online.
To register or find out more, visit the external website at www.NCWorks.gov.
Services for Businesses include:
- Business Resource Room - Space is available for interviewing, job fairs, workshops, and training. Please contact a business services team member to schedule your event.
- Recruitment and Screening Assistance - While much of this can be done online, businesses can also obtain assistance with posting job listings, automated job matching, applicant recruitment, screening and referrals.
- Human Resource Information - Information on the Work Opportunity Tax Credit, unemployment insurance, labor law and compliance information.
- Technical Assistance on Employment Issues - Licensing requirements, bonding, and labor certification.
- Labor Market Services - Access information about labor market trends, statistics, and economic and demographic data.
- Rapid Response Services - Assistance with downsizings and/or closing.
- Education and Training Brokering - Staff help businesses identify and connect with appropriate education and training sources to assist with workforce development needs.