NCWorks Career Centers provide job-training programs and services to help you increase your skillset and obtain meaningful employment. No matter your circumstances or background, an NCWorks Career
Your career center will also help you set up your profile to NCWorks Online, the state’s official job search portal. Having a profile on NCWorks Online exposes you to employers across North Carolina. It matches your skills with those required for a job, provides information on training opportunities, and gives you access to real-time labor market information, including wage and occupation projections. You can search for jobs in your area and become prepared to advance your career. Registration is free!
To register and find out more, visit the external website www.NCWorks.gov.
Services at NCWorks Career Centers include:
- Job Listings: Employers list jobs directly through the NCWorks Career Centers and online at www.NCWorks.gov.
- Job Search and Life Skills Classes: Classes to assist individuals on how to find and keep jobs, including learning how to manage any personal barriers to employment.
- Computer Lab with Staff Assistance: Complete academic skills upgrades, skills assessments, computer-based tutorials, and connect to NCWorks Online for your personalized job search.
- Resume and Cover Letter Preparation: Staff are available to assist you with preparing a professional resume and cover letter. Career Centers hold resume workshops, and maintain the needed software for resume preparation.
- Skills Assessments: Evaluate your employment abilities, interest and basic skills.
- Career Planning and Development: Research specific occupations, choose a new career, or analyze your skills to find an occupation that best suits you.
- Occupational Skills Training and Literacy Skills: Referrals to specific training opportunities leading to employment, as well as programs to improve your reading, writing and math skills.