Cumberland County Animal Services accepts donations from the public in order to enhance and expand its services. Animal Services has 3, tax-deductible, donation funds.
The Injured Animal Stabilization Fund was established to care for any seriously injured dog, cat or other pet which has suffered a painful and potentially mortal injury, and which is found in any location open or accessible to the public and off an owner’s property and when an owner cannot be located. For example, a dog hit by a car in the roadway. See Cumberland County Code, Section 3-60, for additional details.
The Animal Medical Fund helps cover costs for veterinary medical care for animals at the Cumberland County Animal Shelter. This includes illnesses and injuries not covered by the Injured Animal Stabilization Fund. (i.e. Cruelty cases)
The Animal Enrichment Fund helps to make life less stressful and assists in social adjustment of animals during their stay at our shelter. This may include toys, treats, bedding, etc.
To donate to any of the individual funds please click on the link below:
Other Donations: Animal Services accepts donations of pet food, toys, blankets, newspapers and animal-related supplies.
Donation Wish List
- Newspaper (please remove slick paper ads if possible)
- Shredded paper
- Paper towels
- Trash bags
- Laundry detergent
- Dawn™ dish soap
- Hand sanitizer
- Kong™ dog toys or similar (durable and can be disinfected)
- Dog and cat treats
- Flea and tick preventatives
- Pet shampoo and conditioner
- Pet nail clippers, Furminator™ type brushes, hair clippers
- Plastic pet carriers
- Dog collars and leashes
- Cat toys (any kind!)
- Nylabone™ dog or puppy chews
- Puppy and kitten formula or nursing bottles
- Plastic baby pools in good condition
- Cuddle Safe™ disks (to keep newborns warm)
- Puppy and kitten food (dry or canned)
- Gently used blankets or towels
- Kuranda™ dog beds
- Cash donations are always appreciated!
Donations may be designated for our Injured Animal Fund,
Veterinary Fund, or Pet Enrichment Fund (or all 3!)
Donations may be dropped off at Cumberland County Animal Services:
4704 Corporation Drive, Fayetteville NC, 28306
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.