When using the landfill, customers should understand that this is a landfill and you may get nails in your tires. If you are following behind a large garbage truck, you may receive glass damage or your vehicle may get wire wrapped around the axle -- anything can happen. The County cannot be held responsible for any type of damage to vehicles.
Terms of Payment
Cash, check or credit/debit cards are accepted. Charge accounts may be established through the Administration Office. Call 910-321-6929 for details.
- No entrance weekdays before 6:30 a.m. or 30 minutes prior to closing time. Customers must be out of the landfill by closing time.
- The official clock is located in the scale house.
- If the gate is closed, there is no admittance. Any vehicle that opens or drives around the gate will not be allowed to unload.
Pick-up trucks, cars, SUVs, and vans not pulling a trailer are charged a flat rate fee of $20 for chargeable debris per trip. This is not a daily rate.
- Household garbage (for residents paying the Solid Waste user fee) is no charge (up to 4 cubic yards [one pick-up truck level load] per week) unless mixed with chargeable items, then the load is charged the flat rate fee.
- Vehicles paying the flat rate fee will remain on concrete while at the landfill. These vehicles do not have to wait in line for weighing/reweighing, thereby, cutting down on time at the landfill and on damage to vehicles.
Apartments/condos/townhomes that do not pay the Solid Waste user fee annually are considered commercial and therefore pay for all debris brought to the landfill whether at the flat rate fee or by the ton.
For a full listing of fees please view our fee schedule.
Clean Shingle Discounted Rate Suspended
We are suspending the $15 discounted rate for clean shingles. With the low price of oil, there is no market for recycling shingles and our storage facility is full. Once we find an outlet for these shingles, we will reinstate the discounted rate.
Occasionally the landfill may close due to a
weather advisory. This may be a temporary closing due to wind, lightning, fog, etc., or in severe weather we may close for the day. We will attempt to contact our account holders in the event of a closure. The County’s website will also post any closings.
Solid Waste management will take steps to provide reasonably passable roads at the landfill site. However, the department is not responsible of preventing or otherwise correcting conditions that cause vehicles to become stuck or disabled. Owners of vehicles that require towing must secure their own towing services.
All loads of debris must be covered with a secured tarp, cargo net, tie downs, or placed in a closed container so that no material can fall or blow out. Any vehicle without a covered load will not be turned away, but will be subject to the following fees in addition to current fees for landfill use:
- Cars, pick-ups or trailers: $10 per load
- Commercial and all other vehicles: $25 per load
The Ann Street Landfill has different areas for segregated solid waste disposal: Subtitle D Landfill, C & D Landfill, Area 1 and Sharps. See below for what waste is accepted in each area of the landfill.