The North Carolina Department of Transportation has a Roadside Environmental Unit Office of Beautification. This office has online services for Adopt-A-Highway, Litter Information (litter prevention, activity book, laws, sweep, Swat-a-Litterbug), Keep America Beautiful, and other information.
Cumberland County Solid Waste Management is responsible for patrolling, investigating, writing citations and enforcing the litter and illegal dumping code.
Our Environmental Enforcement Inspectors have numerous duties:
- Patrol the county investigating complaints
- Enforce Solid Waste Ordinances
- Write citations and/or Notice of Violations
- Investigate SW User Fee inquiries
- Prosecute individuals who ignore citations/notice of violations