Cumberland County has contracted with BHS Online to provide a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program as a service to our employees and their family members.
The Employee Assistance Program as a service to county employees and their family members. The EAP provides support for people when they are going through a difficult time. It may be a problem that has been building over time, or it may be a sudden personal crisis. Employees can contact the EAP program about any issue, including:
- Marital, family, or relationship problems
- Stress, depression, or grief
- Addiction concerns (alcohol, drugs, gambling, Internet, etc.)
- Workplace stress or conflict
- Parenting, childcare, or elder care
- Financial or legal concerns
- Any concern that affects your emotional well-being
There is no cost to our employees and their families for an evaluation conducted by an EAP representative. After the evaluation has been conducted, a program may be recommended for the employee and/or family member. Expenses for this treatment will be provided according to the terms of the employee's health insurance program.
Confidentiality is a vital part of this program. No person shall be penalized as a direct result of seeking or accepting assistance from the Employee Assistance Program.