Cumberland County residents must mail Voter Registration forms
or deliver to:
Cumberland County Board of Elections
227 Fountainhead Lane
Fayetteville, NC 28301
Other County offices are not approved drop-off sites for completed forms.
You may register to vote in Cumberland County if you meet the following qualifications:
- A citizen of the United States
- A person 18 years of age or older
- A legal resident of Cumberland County for 30 days by the date of the next election.
- Must not be currently serving a sentence for a felony conviction, as well as any period of probation, post-release supervision, or parole associated with a felony sentence.
- Must rescind any previous registration in another county or state.
- Must provide their North Carolina driver’s license number or the last four digits of their Social Security number
A registration form must be postmarked 25 days before election or delivered to Board of Elections office no later than 25 days before election in order to be good for that election.
You may register to vote or update your registration at the NCDMV website.
You may also download a registration application from the NC State Board of Elections website or visit one of the locations below in Cumberland County:
- Board of Elections Office, 227 Fountainhead Lane (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- At any of Cumberland County's public libraries during regular hours
- At various public locations including registration drives
- Various Agencies (Social Services, Agencies dealing with people with Disabilities, Employment Security Commission, Armed Forces Recruitment offices)
In addition, you may change your address by filling out the back of your voter registration card and returning it to the Board of Elections. Card must be postmarked 25 days before election or received in the Board of Elections office by 5 p.m. 25 days before election.
Registration ID: Under federal and state law, if you apply to register to vote and do not provide a valid identification number on your application, you must enclose a copy of one of the following documents with this application:
- A current and valid photo ID
- A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address
If you do not provide a valid form of identification, you will be asked to show ID the first time you present to vote.