Cumberland County is pleased to offer Direct Deposit for vendor payments. The process will mean that as a vendor, you can choose the option of receiving your invoice payments through ACH (Automated Clearing House). Our payment to you will be deposited directly into an account specified by you on the Authorization Agreement Form for Direct Deposits. We trust that you will find this process beneficial, as payments will be received sooner than with our current check process.
Why use Direct Deposit?
- Convenience – Your payment is deposited automatically to your account.
- Eliminates extra bank transaction steps to deposit your payment.
- Eliminates the possibility of lost, stolen or forged checks.
- Reduces the possibility of overdrafts. Deposit is posted to your account quickly.
- Free – no charge to you.
- Provides faster access to funds. Funds are available without having to wait for the check to clear.
- Flexible. You may have your payment deposited to a checking account or a savings account.
- You may terminate the authorization at any time.
Please reach out your department contact to receive additional information.