The Cumberland County Medication Access Program (CCMAP) is dedicated to improving the quality of life for eligible residents of Cumberland, Hoke, Harnett and Sampson Counties by operating a licensed, non-profit pharmacy that assists patients in obtaining medication for chronic disease states to over 2,500 patients each month.
This program is able to provide medications from samples, purchased medicines and drug manufacturers' patient assistance programs. Through the use of these programs CCMAP is able to provide many prescription medications at little or no charge to individuals with no prescription insurance. In cooperation with the patient's physician, CCMAP provides each patient with increased access to the medications they need to manage chronic diseases.
Basic Information For Patients interested in Enrolling in CCMAP
- All applicants must reside in Cumberland, Harnett, Hoke or Sampson counties.
- The applicant should be on a stabilized dose of medications for a chronic disease (such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, asthma, allergies, depression).
- The applicant can not have insurance coverage for outpatient prescription drugs.
- The applicant can not qualify for a government or third-party program (such as Medicaid or Medicare Part D) that provides for prescription medications.
- The applicant's income is at a level that causes hardship for the patient to purchase medications at retail pharmacies
- To be accepted into a drug manufacturer's patient assistance program, the applicant's income must fall within the limits established by the drug manufacturer. The household income limit requirement varies with each manufacturer.
- Decisions concerning which medications are provided free-of-charge and which individuals are accepted into the programs are made using the total household income. Generally, participants' household income cannot exceed 250% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- All patients must complete a Medication Assistance Application and appear in person for an interview prior to enrollment in CCMAP.
CCMAP is a collaborative effort of
Cumberland County Health Department
Cape Fear Valley Health System
Better Health of Cumberland County
Cumberland County Department of Social Services
Cumberland County Health Care Council
Cumberland County Mental Health Center
CCMAP is located on the first floor of the Department of Public Health
1235 Ramsey St
Fayetteville, NC 28356