FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – Cumberland County Manager Clarence Grier will present the Fiscal Year 2024 recommended budget to the Cumberland County Board of Commissioners during a scheduled meeting on Thursday, May 25 at 7 p.m., in Room 118 of the Judge E. Maurice Braswell Cumberland County Courthouse at 117 Dick Street, Fayetteville.
The recommended budget presentation will be broadcast live on the County’s YouTube channel at youtube.com/CumberlandCountyNC; on CCNC-TV (Spectrum Channel 5) and on the County’s website at cumberlandcountync.gov.
The Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on the proposed budget Wednesday, June 7, at 7 p.m. in Room 118 of the courthouse. Citizens who wish to comment on the proposed budget during the public hearing must sign up prior to the start of the meeting. A sign-up sheet will be available in the room. Individuals may also call the Clerk to the Board at 910-678-7771 or , or sign up on the County’s website at cumberlandcountync.gov/departments/commissioners-group/commissioners/register-to-speak/public-hearings.
Per Statute, Commissioners may adopt the 2024 budget no earlier than 10 days after it is presented.
The following Budget Meeting Schedule has been approved by the Board of Commissioners:
- Budget Presentation – Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 7 p.m. in Room 118
- Budget Work Session – Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. in Room 564
- Budget Public Hearing – Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 7 p.m. in Room 118
- A Budget Work Session may be held following the Public Hearing if needed.
- Budget Work Session – Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. in Room 564
- Budget Work Session (If Needed) – Thursday, June 15, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. in Room 564
All meetings will be held in the Judge E. Maurice Braswell Cumberland County Courthouse.
Cumberland County Board of Commissioners meetings are streamed live on CCNCTV (Spectrum Channel 5), the County’s website cumberlandcountync.gov and the County’s YouTube channel at youtube.com/CumberlandCountyNC.